Watsonville CA USA
This position is instrumental in helping the Marketing Manager to execute on Driscoll’s 2013 Marketing Plan to increase consumer awareness and preference for the Driscoll’s brand. Role will entail working closely with members of Marketing and various partner agencies. Primary duties include managing our social media platforms, competitive analysis, health and nutrition content, organization of brand assets, creating presentations and assisting with special projects as needed.
• A current student or recent graduate (no more than 6 months post-graduation) from a 4 year university majoring in a Marketing, Business Administration or Ag business.
• Good listening skills, action-oriented, and a passion for learning.
• Experience working with digital media and marketing initiatives.
• Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and thorough attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and understanding of basic statistics.
• Ability to work on multiple projects effectively under tight deadlines, work independently and maintain strong working relationships through collaborative team projects.
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required.
1) Assist in the management of social media platforms including analysis of results, execution of promotions, and promotion planning.
2) Assist in the development of health and nutrition editorial content for dissemination to consumers and influencers.
3) Collaborate with the digital marketing team to ensure marketing communications are executed on the website.
4) Monitor competitive marketing activities, including social media.
5) Track monthly social media performance against KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and goals.
6) Collect and synthesize online research for program briefs and strategy development.
7) Assist with review and organization of brand imagery.
8) Ad hoc projects as needed.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc., founded in 1944, is the largest fresh berry company in the world offering premium quality fresh conventionally grown and organic strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. Driscoll’s has 100 years of specialized experience in the premium fresh berry business and is truly committed to its brand promise of providing Only the Finest Berries. ® Driscoll’s Research and Development department creates berries that are naturally bred to deliver a delightful eating experience (superior flavor, color, texture, etc.). These plants are patented and provided to independent farmers in growing regions throughout the world, and the berries are sold under the Driscoll’s brand. Driscoll’s berries are grown on five continents and it holds patents for its unique berry plant varieties in 41 countries.
Driscoll’s is headquartered in Watsonville, California and is allied with growers in many parts of the world. Its global network of growers allows Driscoll’s to provide its customers and consumers with a year-round supply of all four berries.