Regional QA Representative
Dover FL USA
TITLE: Regional QA Representative
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: Eastern Region QA Manager
LOCATION: Dover, Florida
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full-Time
PAY STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE: February 1, 2013
JOB SUMMARY: Through methods of acceptable procedures, executes regional Quality Assurance Program and ensures quality problems are identified and resolved. Evaluates programs in place, data analyses, evaluates products and establishes quality standards. Is accountable for product quality problems and recommends resolution or improvements at the on-site locations. Facilitates and coordinates weekly sales-grower meetings. Passes pertinent information to management and to the prospective grower community on a regular basis. Attention to detail and accountability on inspection program of Driscoll strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries and imported blueberries from Chile & Argentina.
? Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or related field preferred.
? 1-3 years of supervisory experience in agriculture related field.
? Strong written, communication and presentation skills required.
? Strong problem-solving skills required.
? Ability to work under minimal supervision.
? Ability to lift 30 pounds; stand and walk the fields up to 10 hours a day.
• Must be able to maintain a valid FL Driver’s License with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage.
? Travel throughout Florida and East Coast operations during season for extended period of time. Also travel to the West Coast operations for training as needed. Travel approximately 75% of the year.
? Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs.
? Bi-lingual Spanish/English communication skills preferred.
1. Responsible and accountable for working independently; is often sole QA representative in an area and required to act independently without management and other resources nearby. Requires good judgment in resolving and escalating issues to manager when working independently.
2. Through methods of acceptable procedures, acts as primary liaison between growers and management.
3. Oversees QA function in regional locations.
4. Acts as backup to QA Inspectors as need to grade fruit samples in accordance with Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc. specifications and represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business like manner in all interaction with Growers, Suppliers, Buyers and Customers.
5. Is accountable for the distribution of requested packaging to growers as required in fair and efficient Manner.
6. Responsible for Completion and submits written fruit reports accurately and on a timely basis to both Sales and Quality Assurance Departments as needed.
7. Supports and trains the area Quality Assurance Inspectors in strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
8. Responsible for scheduling of the QA inspection staff working at their site locations. Reviews and signs all time cards and mileage reimbursement information submitted by the Quality Assurance staff.
9. Supports the efforts of fruit evaluation studies of Florida and California Operations throughout the calendar year as needed.
10. Supports and encourages grower involvement in any special packaging needs that may be requested by Driscoll’s in regards of Quality.
11. Advises the Manager of any situation that may need attention or involvement.
12. Works closely with the Logistics, Production Group, Blueberry, R&D, packaging and Sales
Departments on a daily basis.
13. Travels and visits west coast operations during the off-season, as required.
14. Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
15. Ensures the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
16. Performs other duties as instructed
17. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.