Administrative Assistant V
Watsonville CA USA
Provides administrative support to the SVP of the Market Group. Assignments require knowledge of the industry, knowledge of business goals, and knowledge of the Company’s policies and procedures. Provide high-level administrative support by preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature. Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals. Prepares presentation materials for Executive level meetings.
Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the Market Group. Answers mail, phone calls and inquiries for the SVP of the Market Group and others as needed. Screens and organizes mail and e-mail messages. Processes expense reports and invoices. Other support may include keyboarding, composing and editing letters, taking meeting minutes, transcribing dictation, creating memoranda, reports, meeting materials, and presentations as well as conducting errands. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
Manages wide-range information dissemination. Acts as a liaison between Vice Presidents, Customers and other management level employees, contractors, and consultants to coordinate activities. Prepares and distributes agendas for the staff meetings. Reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow up action steps on communications. Monitors budget for the Market Group including tracking expenditures and providing reports. Creates and maintains department files.
MEETING AND TRAVEL COORDINATION: Manages calendars, arranges meetings, appointments and travel plans. Coordinates meetings, social functions, seminars, travel, and hotel arrangements.
OTHER: Ensures the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and material. The position follows Company policies and procedures while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions. Performs other duties such as the following:
• Follows Company policies and procedures while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, Growers, customers, etc.
• Organizes documents, files, materials and resources.?
• Monitors and report on company operating budget variances.
• Processes expense reports, check request, credit card vouchers, purchase orders, mail, correspondence and office supplies.
• Some business travel required for training, events, etc.
• Performs other duties as instructed by the SVP of the Market Group.
• BA in Business Administration or related field is strongly desired, or five years experience supporting executive positions.
• Candidate must be professional, adaptable, flexible and able to exhibit strong organizational and communication skills, (Verbal, written, phone etiquette).
• Requires a professional certification or equivalent experience in working with senior level executives within and outside the company, as well as experience with customers, vendors, visitors, and other dignitaries.
• Candidate must have advanced skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Solid working knowledge of office processes and business policies is necessary. • The ability to multi-task successfully in a fast-paced environment is required. • Requires in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures. • Must be able to maintain a valid CA driver’s license with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage.
• Must have the ability to work some over time, as may be required.
• Occasional travel necessary for operational purposes up to 10% of work time. • Bilingual English/Spanish speaking skills strongly preferred.
• Must be eligible for U.S. Passport.