Sr. Tax Analyst
Watsonville CA USA
The Sr. Tax Analyst is responsible for compiling and preparing workpapers to support the preparation, review and analysis of U.S. Federal and State income tax returns, tax provisions, transfer pricing studies, and other domestic and international tax compliance projects. This position will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc tax support functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required, MST preferred. CPA or CPA Eligible also preferred.
• 5-8 plus years of relevant multi-national corporate tax experience required. A combination of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience preferred. • Strong understanding of U.S. Federal and State corporate income tax rules. Experience with tax research tools and methods, and ability to document conclusions reached regarding tax positions.
• Experience with corporate tax return preparation software required; Thomson Reuters GoSystem Tax system highly preferred. Experience required in preparing corporate multi-national U.S. Federal and State income tax returns, and quarterly estimates. Proficient in preparation of Forms 5471, 1118, and 8858 for controlled foreign corporations.
• Experience preparing corporate multi-national global income tax provision and supporting workpapers.
• Experience with ERP systems required, Microsoft Dynamics Axapta experience preferred. Experience with Report writing tool required (i.e. BI360, Hyperion, etc).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
• Proven track record of strong project management skills a plus.
• Strong work ethic, capacity to get things done independently, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
• California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required.
• Assist with preparation and review of the annual and periodic worldwide tax provision, effective tax rate and FIN 48 analysis.
• Interact with external tax advisors and provide coordination and assistance with the preparation and review of Federal and state income tax returns.
• Compile data to prepare and support calculation of domestic quarterly estimated tax payments and annual extensions.
• Compile data from domestic and foreign subsidiaries to support and prepare U.S. foreign tax reporting packages including(Forms 5471, etc.
• Gather data and prepare schedules to calculate and support various tax credits, deductions, and exclusions.
• Manage the coordination of transfer pricing studies.
• Assist with income tax audits and respond to tax inquiries from various jurisdictions.
• Create and maintain SOP’s of tax process/training guides.
• Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline tax accounting and compliance processes.
• Help establish and maintain policies and procedures.
• Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
• Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
• Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.