Sr. Financial Analyst
Watsonville CA USA
This position deals regularly with accounting and financial theory and practice. Provides financial analysis support to the worldwide organization, including expense management and control, budgeting, forecasting, expense reporting and analysis, new business and investment analysis and cost benefit analysis. Assists in the establishment of effective cost allocation methodology. Supports the development of accounting reports and analyses of special projects as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in finance or accounting, and 5 to 8 years work experience in financial analysis, reporting, budgeting/forecasting, cost accounting and/or public accounting. Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced unstructured environment showing initiative as an independent and team contributor. Experience in building financial models to quantify and evaluate business project proposals desired. Excellent financial skills and expertise with financial reporting and analysis including balance sheets, profit and loss, return on asset and investment, metrics and measurements, etc. Experience in use and application of Excel, PowerPoint, Word processing and other budget and forecasting tools. Demonstrated analytical skills. Ability to utilize technologies to streamline work processes. Excellent organizational skills and thorough attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate financial information. Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, work independently and to maintain strong working relationships through collaborative team effort. Valid CA driver’s license, some travel required, and extended days. Preferable bilingual English/Spanish.
1. Management Reporting: Analyze and report actual operating performance against budget forecasts and trends. Prepare monthly management report package for operating managers, company management and the Board of Directors. Continually review existing management reporting systems, processes, and procedures for improvement. Make appropriate recommendations.
2. Budgeting and Forecasting: Includes the preparation of appropriate analyses to support the development of financial guidelines; development and dissemination of budget and planning schedules and procedures, and of templates and other media for budgeting and planning at all levels of the Company. Review and analyze budgets both at consolidated and subsidiary levels and make appropriate recommendations to management.
3. Financial Analysis: Provide financial and analytical support to internal customers. Proficiency in return of investment analysis (such as IRR, NPV and DCF) is essential.
4. Capital Reporting and Analysis: Coordinate the capital expenditures reporting, budgeting, and forecasting process to ensure the completion of reliable, soundly constructed and fact based forecasts including competitive and benchmark analyses.
5. General: Ensures the confidentiality of Driscoll’s financial and proprietary information and materials. Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with co-workers, growers, government agencies, vendors and consultants. Maintains a safe and professional appearing work area. Performs other duties as instructed.*
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.